Saturday 27 August 2011

Pincushion jar


Pincushion jar
Originally uploaded by aishakenza
Hello there!

I wonder how many of you are members of Ravelry. It is my most-visited site, I think. I love to browse the patterns - every day there's something new and inspiring.

The other day I came across a pattern for a crocheted pincushion on the top of a jar. Of course I had to make one. I'm always losing my box of pins and so a big jar to keep them in sounded like a good idea.

I got the pattern from The Green Dragonfly. Like the best patterns, it's very simple. The only problem I had was sticking the crochet and stuffing onto the jar lid. As suggested, I used superglue but of course it stuck fast before I could get it straight all the way around, so it looked rather wonky. I searched my ribbon stash and found the perfect solution - a gorgeous fuschia pink ribbon that hides my clumsiness rather well, don't you think?

Now I just have to find my box of pins in order to put them in the jar. Has anybody seen them anywhere?

Actually I didn't tell you yet that we are moving! We'll still be in the same small French town, just a short walk from where we live now. We've been in the present flat for 17 years (yes, seventeen!) so The Move is going to be quite an event. We're going to be very busy over the next month or so and have already started decluttering and collecting cardboard boxes. I'm actually looking forward to it, there's nothing like The Move to put some order into our lives! And maybe I'll come across that box of pins.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! Thanks for linking me up to your log! I'm going to have to make on of your finger puppet frogs, my kids will love them. Have a great Sunday. Janette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you for posting this link! I have the same problems with my needles. I'm always running around searching for them. And I have so many baby jars in my cellar, so it's perfect!
    I wish you all the best for your moving! Barbina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the pattern, Janette. I hope they like the little frog. I once made a great snake finger puppet and my little nephew loves it - I must try to make another one and include the pattern this time.

    I look forward to seeing your pincushion on your blog, Barbina. I didn't have any baby jars but I used a tomato puree jar instead.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete