Saturday 26 January 2013

An old pattern, a new owl


Look who's watching you! I realised that my owl amigurumi pattern is just over a year old, so I thought that to celebrate I'd make a new little owl. The great thing about the pattern is that someone with a bit of crochet experience can adjust it to almost any size, just by making the starting chain row shorter or longer and shaping accordingly. For example, for this little owl I started with just 8ch and working only three increase rows. I love his big red beak and his shiny eyes.
Have you made an owl with the pattern? If so, please share it in our flickr group. You can also see more owls like this one on the Ravelry project page (you have to be a member of Ravelry, but that's free and easy, and Ravelry is such a huge resource I can't imagine anyone who is interested in crochet or knitting not being a member). See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment